[Zope] cron

Gregory Dudek dudek at cim.mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 12 11:16:12 EST 2003

Using wget to directly call the management interface to do packing is,
in some ways,
much nicer since it does not depend on mysterious (and presumably
undocumented and
potentially volatile) magical utilities.
   On the other hand, i hate having to leave my management password out
in the
open in plaintext form in case some part of my system is compromised.

   I presume regular re-packing is a standard thing for EVERY zope
installation.
If I forget to do it, it can make my whole site unstable. This is a
real issue on a site
where somebody might take an unexpected trip, or there is a staffing
change, or even
just an illness.

   It seems like a option for automatic time-or-size based re-packing
would be an
appropriate and easy feature to add to zope itself, rather than these
hacky solutions.

Greg