[Zope] Most efficient use of url rewriting and virtual host monster.

Alec Munro alecmunro at hfx.eastlink.ca
Wed Nov 12 11:54:09 EST 2003

Hi List,

I have a problem at the moment, that is mostly cosmetic, but quite annoying.
I host a few domains on a single zope instance, in different folders.
For example, domain xyz is mapped to: ip/folder/xyz.
So far, I have not really grasped the virtual host root concept. I use
the absolute_url method quite a lot in my scripts, and because of these
two things, I end up with lots of urls that look like:

http://ip/folder/xyz/folder/xyz/folder/xyz/folder/xyz/someScript

I guess what I'm really looking for is a good explanation for virtual
host root, as well some insight in how zope generates urls.

I hope that was clear enough, it's been a while since I looked at these
things.

Thanks,

Alec Munro