[Zope] Linux distributions for Zope Servers

Thomas M G Bennett bennettt at pm.appstate.edu
Wed Nov 12 12:57:56 EST 2003

  For those that haven't heard, RedHat 9 is the last production of RedHat Linux.  They
will continue to produce Enterprise Linux and RedHat has merged with the Fedora
Project to continue after RedHat 9.

  From the Fedora Project Homepage:
  The goal of The Fedora Project is to work with the Linux community to build a complete,
general purpose operating system exclusively from free software. Development will be
done in a public forum.

see the comparison link below for more info and  the Fedora Project at

http://fedora.redhat.com/

Wonder if this will be a better version of RedHat for Zope.

Thomas

Dear RED HAT LINUX 7.x, 8.0, and 9 users,

With three versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the new Fedora
Project now available, Red Hat offers a variety of options to meet your
needs.

----------------------------
WHICH IS RIGHT FOR YOU?

What are the differences between Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the Fedora
Project? And how do they differ from the Red Hat Linux you've been using
for years?

See a complete comparison:
http://www.redhat.com/software/rhelorfedora/

ENTERPRISE LINUX
If you're a business, government, or are just looking for a stable,
supported Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the clear choice.

FEDORA PROJECT
If you're a developer or technology enthusiast, the Fedora Project -- a
proving ground for new Linux and open source technology -- may be what
you want.