[Zope] Page Template template?

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Thu Nov 13 11:34:48 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 04:11, Jay Dorsey wrote:
> Whenever I create a new Page Template, I'm presented with some
> pre-filled content.  I'd like to change the content in it--is there any
> way I can do this for my not-quite-full hosting account?

Yes and no.  You can't change the default content without changing it
for everyone using your installation.  Sounds like you're not alone or
in charge of what you're using.

On the other hand, you could create a ZPT object that has the content
you want & use copy/paste to create subsequent templates.  You could
also cook up a small Python Script that creates a template and stuffs it
with your preferred content.

The latter solution would make a good learning project.

HTH,

Dylan