[Zope] Re: Help with VHM and Apache

Larry J. C. Prikockis larry_prikockis at natureserve.org
Thu Nov 13 15:36:39 EST 2003

Hi...
  If you're using a recent version of Zope (certainly 2.6.x, but probably
quite a bit before that even), then VHM is indeed a standard product.  You
should be able to add it to your root directory from the ZMI (e.g., the
/manage interface).

If you're using a version of Zope old enough NOT to include VHM, then I'd
recommend upgrading to a recent version before you do anything else.

The only other bit of magic you really need is a line in your httpd.conf
file along the lines of:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/your.zope_server.com:80/zope_folder_you_want_to_be_web_root/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P,L]

good luck...