[Zope] SimpleUserFolder and local roles

emf i at mindlace.net
Fri Nov 14 11:56:15 EST 2003

Hi, all.

Having discovered that I can't seem to assign local roles when using a
SimpleUserFolder, I'm trying to do whatever it takes for it to work.

The problem is that users in the simple user folder don't show up in the
list to be assigned roles.

It appears to me that the function being called to figure out who can be
assigned local roles is get_valid_userids in Roles.py.

As far as I can tell this function is applied to every parental
folderish object when manage_listLocalRoles is called.

This performs two checks; the first is assuming that
obj.__allow_groups__ is the acl_user folder, and the second is getting
user_names .

__allow_groups__ is added by manage_afterAdd in BasicUserFolder (though,
in the generic User folder implementation, it's also added in the
manage_addUserFolder , so I tried doing the same thing in
addSimpleUserFolder to no avail).

user_names is defined in BasicUserFolder to be getUserNames , which is
defined in SimpleUserFolder.

In short, I can't see why I'm getting a truncated list. Can someone help
me out here?

~mindlace

p.s. i'm not subbed, so please cc: me on replies.