[Zope] Re: Zope in SuSE 9.0

Roger Chrisman rogerhc at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 16 00:21:41 EST 2003

Hi,

Even after the complete reinstall of my SuSE 9 system I still have the same
problem authenticating into http://localhost:8080/manage. I just get the
loggin form again  and again. I have Apache off so it can't be Apache's
fault.

I learned so far that in SuSE 9,

-	'/etc/init.d/zope start' will start Zope.

-	Initial login user for Zope management is 'superuser' with password '123',
but this fails the login at http://localhost:8080/manage.

-	/usr/share/doc/packages/zope/README.SuSE did not tell me much. I copied it
below anyway incase you see something there I didn't.

What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to set up Zope's env with the various SOFTWARE_HOME="/opt/zope" type
env variables? And if so how? Any Zope config files I need to know about?

Thanks,

Roger :-)
stuck on this for 48 hours :-\

*************** /usr/share/doc/packages/zope/README.SuSE *******************

Post installation notes
-----------------------

Default system account is: user superuser, password 123.

You should change system password by 'zpasswd'. It is wise to set also
some domain restriction for this user.

After installation, zope is set up to use its own web server.
If you want to use Apache with Zope (thru PCGI), set ZOPE_PCGI=yes in
/etc/sysconfig/apache (see also variable ZOPE_KEEP_HOMES).

More options for Zope can be found in /etc/sysconfig/zope!

More options for Zope can be found in /etc/sysconfig/zope or via
'yast2 sysconfig &' in section 'Network/WWW/Zope'.

$ZOPE_HOME is /opt/zope/.

For German documentation feel free to visit www.dzug.org, website of
Deutsche Zope User Group (DZUG).

Note:
Apache redirection is configured in /etc/httpd/zope.conf. This configuration
file is included from /etc/httpd/httpd.conf by Apache web server.

Have a lot fun...