[Zope] Re: Zope in SuSE 9.0

Roger Chrisman rogerhc at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 16 01:06:50 EST 2003

On Saturday 15 November 2003 21:36, Dennis Allison wrote:
> I'm not a Suse user so this is just a guess.  Go the directory in which
> Zope resides ( lib, bin, zpasswd.py, and var should be there).  Runs
>
>         ./bin/python zpasswd inituser
>
> and fill in the requested dialog.  Then restart Zope.  That should set a
> new initial password.

Tried that.  Still can't login on the localhost:8080/manage page.

Yesterday, J. Cameron Cooper posted:

   A sure way to tell what's happening is to delete your
   Data.fs, create an 'inituser', start Zope, and check if 'inituser' still
   exists: it will be consumed if it is used. Otherwise, it's in the wrong
   place.

   So: Find your INSTANCE_HOME. The startup script (or a conf file if
   you're using zctl or 2.7) probably defines this, you can locate it
   there. Delete the Data.fs in its 'var' directory, move the 'inituser'
   in, and start Zope. Now things should work.

I tried that, too. Didn't work either. inituser was not consumed.

Someone, please give me another tip...

Roger :-)