[Zope] Re: Zope in SuSE 9.0

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sun Nov 16 01:22:55 EST 2003

Take a look at the permissions of the var directory in which Data.fs
resides.  Try setting the permissions to 0777 and set the files inside=20
to 0666 -- it's a bad idea to run that way (just like it's a bad idea to=20
run zope as root) but it'll help localize your problem.  If, after doing=20
this and restarting Zope you can log it, you then need to think through=20
and reset the permissions for your setup.  Also, for the moment you may=20
want to run Zope in debug mode.  Out of debug mode some versions of Zope
enforce commenting rules, for example. =20