[Zope] manage_addPageTemplate path

Jay Dorsey jay at jaydorsey.com
Sun Nov 16 21:42:58 EST 2003

Jay Dorsey wrote:

> How would I go about using manage_addPageTemplate to add a template in a
> directory other than the one the script is called in? For example, my
> folder tree looks like this:

<snip>
> item =
> context.manage_addProduct['PageTemplates'].manage_addPageTemplate(id,
> text="blah", title="my title")
<snip>
Figured it out--doh!

context.Folder1.manage_addProduct['PageTemplates'].manage_addPageTemplate(id,
text="blah", title="my title")

What clued me in was a "how to" I found on zdp.zope.org that showed how
to move objects between folders:

what = context.manage_cutObjects(ids=['objecttobemoved'])
context.somefolder.anotherfolder.manage_pasteObjects(what)

Sometimes its right in front of you :)

Also, I just found the Zope Documentation Projects FAQ section
(http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zfaq).  I wonder how many people are on
the ZDP team; there seems to be maybe 100 questions there--I know I've
asked that many in the last week alone ;-)

The page says the FAQ is outdated, is there any movement for an updated
version of a Zope FAQ/Snippets site?  I'd just as soon chip in my effort
and contribute to an existing project, than start my own.

Thanks,

Jay