[Zope] Installing MySQL on Windows

Tom P. Allred tom at allreddata.com
Tue Nov 18 08:19:37 EST 2003

Hi,

I want to use MySQL with my Zope 2.6.1 on Windows ME.  Searches of the Zope
site, mailing list archives and Google provided lots of (sometimes
confusing) hits including http://zope.org/Members/horily/mysqldb_install
which says:

I found a method of install mysqldb. 1. Download python 2.1.3 from
www.python.org and install it. 2. Download
MySQL-python-0.9.2.win32-py2.1.exe from sourceforge.net and install it. 3.
Goto Python2.1 installation dir , copy files list in
MySQL-python.exe-wininst.log to "{Zope Home Dir}\lib\python". 4. Install
ZMYSQLDA. 5. Restart Zope,everything is Ok.

Other leads seem to say I only need the exe.  Would someone who has been
through this please comment before I goober things up?

Thanks,
Tom P. Allred, MCSE, RHCE, CCNA
Allred Data Consulting, Inc.
888-381-0611