[Zope] CASE Tool for Modeling and Code Generation of Workflows

ratem at censanet.com.br ratem at censanet.com.br
Tue Nov 18 12:27:56 EST 2003

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if there is any initiative towards using a CASE tool to
model State Diagrams and then generate DCWorkflows automatically. I know Plone
guys did something like this to Archetypes. It is not necessary to have a
specific tool but a XMI file that can be used to code transformation
(generation). So the necessary thing would be a script (or a set of scripts) to
generate code from XMI.

This solution expose a problem (using UML state diagrams):
-How to represent not only states and transitions simply but also associate the
specif DCWorkflow´s state objects´properties like "triggers", and "requires
permitions" (subclassing? stereotyping?), "variables", "worklists" and "script
names"?

Would be the solution to use extentions of UML state diagrams´ "state" objects
with additional properties (to accomodate DCWorkflow´s state objects
properties)?

Do you know any case tool that I can extend core concepts to this point (maybe
through stereotypes)?

Is there any initiative in this direction?

regards,

Rogerio Atem