[Zope] SMTP_AUTH

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Nov 18 18:43:01 EST 2003

whysean at softhome.net wrote:

> I want to send email from a Zope Python Product, but my outgoing mail
> server requires authentication, and the version of python Zope is
> running on (2.1.3) does not support authentication in its smtplib.py
> module. I tried applying a patch I found on sourceforge, but it did
> not seem to work - perhapse it was not a patch for the right version
> of Python, or perhapse I am not using it correctly.
> Does anyone have step by step instructions for updating Python 2.1.3
> to allow authenticated SMTP login?

http://www.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/ESMTPMailHost

seems to be able to do it.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)