[Zope] Change URL after SQL statement execution?

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Wed Nov 19 09:39:17 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 02:20, Geir Bækholt wrote:
> On  Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:03:43 +0000 GMT
> RI Dunfey asked the Zope mailinglist about the following:
> > It works fine with regards to running the SQL but if the resulting page is
> > refreshed it runs the SQL again.  How do I avoid this?  If I cange the URL I
> > figure it avoids this problem but dont know how to do this?
>
> http-redirect from the script to your template at (4).
> context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(context.4yourPageTeplate.absolute_url())

This answers your question, but I doubt it will solve your problem...
you'll just have the same issue at a new address.

Since your refreshed POST will be identical to the original, you'll have
to solve this server-side.  One thing you could do is use a session
variable to associate a user cookie with the last time they ran your
query.  Then make your Python script check for this value and return
None when not enough time has passed.

HTH,

Dylan