[Zope] Apache/Zope Correct?

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Wed Nov 19 21:01:47 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 17:25, Cynthia Kiser wrote:
> But does that
> mean that one is always using Apache mapped down one level into the
> Zope hierarchy to avoid urls like http://mysite.com/mysite/? And what
> if you are using ZServer directly? then do you have to use the Virtual
> Host Monster to remap the url?

Yes and yes.  Since it's an aesthetic issue, the value of doing this is
totally up to you.

> (And am I the only one who thinks it is
> weird to have a specialty web server (presumably for specific
> functionality) and then ALWAYS proxy it through a different web
> server?)

It's less weird if you think of Zope as a development platform... that's
where it excels. As a web server, it's merely adequate.

Zope's built-in web server is good enough for a decent range of
applications... but since it's just as easy to run best-of-breed
software in both roles, that's what most people here choose to do.

$.02,

Dylan