[Zope] APE and bobobase_modification_time

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Nov 20 12:51:34 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 02:19:41PM -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using APE to copy back and forth from a FileStorage. And I need to set
> bobobase_modification_time (on the APE side) to help keeping things in
> sync. How could I do that?

generally, bobobase_modification_time is a low-level timestamp
meaning "this object was modified in the database at this time."
You aren't supposed to muck with it.

You probably want an application-level timestamp, like
DublinCore's modified date.

Are you using zsyncer by any chance? Its reliance on
bobobase_modification_time is really a bit of a kludge.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com