[Zope] Why does Zope run multiple instances of z2.py by default?

Martijn Pieters mj at zope.com
Thu Nov 20 14:42:43 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 07:07:46PM +0000, Lee J. McAllister wrote:
> My assumption is that, being a threaded process, it spawns a child to
> handle any requests/subprocesses so that it isn't blocked from receiving
> new requests while current ones are being handled.

The process forks to form a daemon process and the actual Zope server; the
daemon process then can restart the Zope serevr at will (in case it dies or
is restarted explicitly).

The Zope server itself doesn't fork to deal with requests; it handles those
with a pre-allocated thread pool.

--
Martijn Pieters