[Zope] ZCTextIndex - prefix wildcards not supported?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Nov 21 13:02:55 EST 2003

--On Freitag, 21. November 2003 12:13 Uhr -0500 Casey Duncan
<casey at zope.com> wrote:

> As Andreas said, it would be possible to implement this efficiently if
> the lexicon kept a separate head globbing index, but this would greatly
> increase the size of the lexicon and would make updates somewhat more
> expensive (although probably not too much in steady-state).
>
> I'm curious, you said you had 700,000 some-odd documents in your catalog.
> How many words are in the lexicon(s) you have?

I think it is not too inefficient since left globbing requires only an
additional
btree in the lexicon (mapping word to word ids). Also for a large number of
words (let's say 50.000) this datastructure is small compared to the storage
of the mapping word id -> doc ids.

-aj