[Zope] Zope and IIS and Apache (oh my!)

Larry J. C. Prikockis larry_prikockis at natureserve.org
Fri Nov 21 14:58:11 EST 2003

this is clearly a variation on a FAQ- but enough of one that none of the
existing info seems to be helping me.

Here's the setup:
- Zope running on linux machine at, e.g., zope.intranet:8080
- Apache running on linux machine, and proxying requests to Zope via usual
VHM/rewrite deal at zope.intranet:80

works great...

now--- we additionally need to have an IIS (W2k) machine running at
iis.intranet:80 that proxies requests to zope.intranet:8080 via the
oft-mentioned 404 ASP script (latest version).

In the default.asp file on the iis.intranet machine, I have the
zopeAddress - http://zope.intranet:8080

at first glance, this all works correctly... I can browse to
http://iis.intranet and see the Zope content as expected.... however,
logins mysteriously fail.   I suspect there's some issue with cookies
that's catching me up here, but I can't get a handle on it.

Does anyone else have experience fronting a Zope instance on Linux with an
IIS instance running on a distinct W2k box?  Most of the conversation here
seems to involve running Zope and IIS on the same machine--- not sure why
that should make a difference...

any clues would be much appreciated...

thanks-
Larry