[Zope] (CMF == ZPT) && (Elvis lives && DTML is dead)

Roger Chrisman rogerhc at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 21 20:53:02 EST 2003

Tutorial in The Zope Book

The little blue "TOC" square in The Zope Book navigation bar navs to the
book's Table Of Contents.

Chapter 4, "Installing and Starting Zope," was helpful for the install.

Chapter 7, "Using Basic Zope Objects," seems just right for my first steps
into Zope and sufficiently Tutorialish to guide me. There also is explained
the difference between DTML and ZPT. I will use ZPT and keep my content,
presentation, and programatic logic each in its own place separate from each
other to keep my sight flexible. My site needs to grow and change in
unpredictable directions as my project grows. So flexibility is critical.

The "TOC" button in The Zope Book is thing to navigate through The Zope Book
with.  And that "ON" "OFF" button turns on or off the distracting and mostly
irrelevant "comments" in the gray boxes, happily, even if it does not display
it's on/off state very accurately. The left hand column of the Zope.org site
goes to many interesting places but for me, a beginner, The Zope Book "Table
of Contents" is the place to start I think.

The Zope Book  is here:
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook

Thanks for the tips.

Roger