[Zope] ObjectManager example needed

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 03:13:14 EST 2003

Hi Andre,

Andre Meyer wrote:
> The application I am developing is for a musician who currently has an
> Excel sheet with more than 20.000 pieces of old music (1600-1900) where
> each PieceOfMusic object refers to other objects like Composer,
> OrchestralSetting, Instrument, Cast, Recording, Writer, etc. Those
> need to become different kinds of Python objects that the PieceOfMusic
> object can refer to in order to guarantee consistency. I have designed
> an object model with all the classes, their attributes and relations in
> a UML diagram, but now I need to convert the Excel sheet into Python
> objects in Zope and make them accessible through ZPT pages and Python
> methods based on this UML model.

This sounds like it might be an equally good (or possibly better...) fit
for an RDBMS solution. Is there a reason why this is not an option for you?

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"the symbols of the divine show up in our world initially at the trash
stratum." Philip K Dick