[Zope] tal+zclass problem

Henny van der Linde linde at inline-info.nl
Mon Nov 24 10:53:52 EST 2003

Hi,

Till now I did everything with dtml, external python scripts, python scripts and zclasses.
Gradualy I want to switch over to pagetemplates and external python products.

The first thing I want to do is converting the dtml to pagetemplates in the actual sites. These sites are based on a lot of Zclasses.
For instance:

<dtml-with batest>
 <dtml-var index_html>
</dtml-with>

Where batest is an instance of a basic element of our content management system.

After reading zpt docs (Zopebook and docs on devshed), searching in the mailing list archives I came to the following equivalent:

This only works in the way that it can find the index_html method (dtml) in the Zclass batest is an instance of. It won't render (it won't find) the other dtml-methods or any other object in the Zclass wich the index_html calls.

So how do I do a 'dtml-with' in tal?
Somebody asked the same question a couple of months ago but I couldn't find an answer in the mailing list archives.

Regards,

Henny van der Linde