[Zope] getting file into Products folder

Dennis Godfrey dennis at likebunnies.com
Tue Nov 25 12:15:44 EST 2003

I don't think that I have burned the right incense and said
the correct incantations. :)

Previously, I would do this in Linux - copy a file to the
Products directory, untar it, restart Zope and there it would be.

Well, this time, I thought that I would try the process using
the ZMI. I go to the Product folder and click the Add button,
but am confronted with no facility to browse to upload a file.

So, I go back to Root, Add a File, where I can browse on my
local machine and upload it to the machine which is running
Zope. Kewl. Now I have file.tgz file in the Root folder.

Now, I click the check box and click the Copy button, go to
the Product directory and click Paste. I get an error saying
the the "The object file.tgz does not support this operation."

OK, so then I think that I can export/import. So, I export and
the file is plopped somewhere in /var/lib/zop and now it is
called file.tgz.zexp and the file size has grown slightly.
I move the file (really didn't want to jump back into Linux)
to the import directory.

Back to the Products folder in ZMI, I button import. I get
the same error message.

Am I trying the impossible? or...?

dennis - have gudulka, will travel
http://KafanaKlub.com