[Zope] Question regarding acquisition behaviour.

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Tue Nov 25 13:17:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 09:55, Alec Munro wrote:
> The problem with it is that I don't always know the name of the root
> folder of the site I will be implementing this on. So including the root
> folder into the path is not feasible.

You can use another object as an anchor point instead.  You could, for
example, put an object in each site root folder called site_root.  Now
you can acquire anything else contained by your site root thus:

.../some_container/site_root/path/to/method

> 1. A form of acquisition that allowed me hard-code as much of the path,
> starting at the right, as I wished. For example:
> container.acquire('HTML/pageX')

Take a look at restrictedTraverse().

> 2. A type of folder that automatically acquired the files of it's
> subfolders.

I'm not sure that would be helpful.  How, for example, would this folder
resolve the much-used name "HTML"?

HTH,

Dylan