[Zope] Question regarding acquisition behaviour.

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Nov 25 16:02:28 EST 2003

Alec Munro wrote at 2003-11-25 12:51 -0400:
 > It is my understanding that while acquisition will traverse up the
 > directory tree, it will only do so until it finds a match, and then it
 > will restart from that directory.

It looks up each name and commits as soon as it was successful.
The next name will them be search from this place.

 > So if I'm in script 'someScript' looking for 'container.HTML.pageX'

This looks up "HTML" from "container" and then "pageX" from "container.HTML".

There is no backtracking (choosing a different "HTML") when "pageX" cannot
be found from "container.HTML".

 > Is there a way around this, to force acquisition to continue traversing

You cannot use acquisition for this.

But, when you know your paths, you can use "restrictedTraverse" to
access any object -- maybe with a path from root.

--
Dieter