[Zope] Maximum you can store in /var/Data.fs that I pussume is the FileStorage for ZODB

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Nov 26 15:26:23 EST 2003

Chuck Aamdi wrote at 2003-11-26 17:18 +0000:
 > Database Location
 > /usr/local/bin/zope/Zope-2.6.1-linux2-x86/var/Data.fs
 > Database Size
 > 10.6M
 >
 > Whats is the Maximum you can store in /var/Data.fs that I pussume is the FileStorage for ZODB

When your Python is not compiled with large file support,
the limit will be 2 GB.

Otherwise, you will not reach the theoretical
limit (2**64 bytes, something like 10**18 bytes).
Before that you will reach a practical limit: the ZODB keeps
an index in RAM which maps OIDs to file positions.
This means, your RAM requirement grows linearly with the number
of objects in your FileStorage.

--
Dieter