[Zope] User Authentication in Zope/Plone

Bobirkhon Ismailov bismailov at uzavtoyul.uz
Fri Nov 28 13:22:29 EST 2003

Hello,

I have really hard time understanding the whole concept of Zope
authentication process. From reading the chanks of code and explanations
I uderstand some concepts, but it is difficult to link them into one
global picture.

My quiestion is, for example I'd like to build some web application
where I need to take care of user authentication and access control to
some pages of the website. If you have some experience with PHP of JSP
it is not hard too hard to implement. So how do I do it in Zope? Should
all of control be based on AccessControl module? And how session API and
UserFolder objects are related to all this?

I would appreciate code snippets, links to manuals and etc. Most
importantly, help me build a consistent picture for user management in
Zope.

Thank you.
Bobir