[Zope] REQUEST and AccessRule

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 1 15:59:00 EDT 2003

Gilles Lenfant wrote at 2003-10-1 18:12 +0200:
 > It seems that REQUEST data available in a script executed as access rule are different from those usually available.

They are mostly the same:

  "AUTHENTICATED_USER" is not yet defined and "SESSION" may not
  yet be defined.
  "URL*" variables do not yet give the final results.
  Not all "BASE*" variables are defined.

 > How can I find the ones available ?

 You could try "REQUEST.keys()"...

 > In my case, I need to have the (external) hostname (running behind Apache and a VirtualHostMonster) in an access rule script.

Unless Apache puts this information into the environment, it
is not available at all.
Please read the Apache "mod_rewrite" documentation how to put
some information into the environment.

Dieter