[Zope] Re: Error logging

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 1 15:32:41 EDT 2003

Andreas Tille wrote at 2003-10-1 16:00 +0200:
 > ... Logging ...
 > Funny enough I use STUPID_LOG_FILE for a long time but did not regarded this
 > as an error.log file as I know it from apache.  Is there any chance to reduce
 > the verbosity just to one line per entry for more easy parsing (well, I'm
 > comfortable with grep but it's pure a waste of diskspace).

The code is in "ZLogger/stupidFileLogger.py"

 > I've found, that it should be able to customize the log via
 >
 >        EVENT_LOG_FORMAT
 >
 > variable but I did not found any information *how* this can be done.  It
 > smells like my friend here.

Look at the source...

"EVENT_LOG_FORMAT" alone will not allow you to always get one
line. You will have to suppress tracebacks (and this requires
code modification).

However, tracebacks are valuable and no waste of (cheap) diskspace ...
Think again!

Dieter