[Zope] IPTables and Zope

Kevin Carlson khcarlso at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 1 22:17:37 EDT 2003

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Kevin Carlson wrote at 2003-9-30 23:25 -0400:
>

>> ... The iptables rules I set up are as follows:
> >
> > iptables -P INPUT DROP
> > iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
> > iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
> >

>Can you access Apache on port 80?
>
>If so, check Apache proxying to Zope.
>I prefer Apache "RewriteRules" and they can be logged.

Yes, I can access Apache on port 80.  I am using "RewriteRules" and have
been looking at the logs and don't see anything odd.  I just can't
figure out why the iptables rules don't allow me to access sites that
should only need port 80 to work. If I remove the first rule above, all
works fine which tends to make me think that input through some other
port is necessary.  Makes no sense to me since I should only need port
80.  Anyone out there using IPTables in front of an Apache/Zope
configuration?

Kevin