[Zope] Filesystem Directory View, etc.

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Oct 4 13:35:09 EDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 05:18:45PM +0200, Aur?lien Camp?as wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get some Webalizer stats accessible from a Zope instance.
>
> The problem is FSDV transforms any .html .htm .dtml document (it just
> rips the extension). I don't know why it does that, nor how I could tell
> FSDV not to do it, but it's a little rude since Webalizer builds many
> html pages that are linked together according to their full names
> (name+ext). So the navigation from imported Webalizer pages into FSDV is
> broken.
>
> Also note that while it's possible to tell Webalizer to produce various
> extension names for the files it builds, I don't see how to tell him NOT
> to produce any.
>
> Anyone has an idea how to proceed ?

I use Analog which I was easily able to configure to put its output into
a file named index_html, which I server via LocalFS. Works fine.
LocalFS would work ok for webalizer too - it doesn't strip
extensions.  Only problem is, LocalFS doesn't prevent edits TTW
like FSDV does - but you can enforce that by setting permissions
(either on the filesystem so the zope process ownere cannot write to that
directory, or in zope by configuring permissions on the LocalFS instance).

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com