[Zope] I'm insane, THANK YOU!

Ken Whitesell kwhitesell at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 4 23:46:38 EDT 2003

Tom,

	THANK YOU! You helped me address a couple of issues I've never
known before. (Of course, I'm still new with this web stuff, so an
awful lot of this is new to me.)

If I open up a subordinate window, I can write text to it, but it is
going to clear the window when I do an open.

But, and this is the part that you probably already knew but I
didn't guess at, I can use the different properties of that window
to make changes even among different pages!

This is so cool...

To wit -> If I have a window open called "Stock" with a table, and a
cell within that table with an ID="sDollars", then from the 'main'
window, I can do this:

sdWin = open('', 'Stock');
sdWin.document.all.sDollars.innerText = "$100";

(I think I copied this correctly.)

Anyway, it works under IE, doesn't work at the moment for Netscape -
I know the object reference is something different, just haven't
found it yet.

Thanks again!
      Ken