[Zope] url object?

Kai Vermehr k at eboy.com
Wed Oct 8 14:50:33 EDT 2003

on 08.10.2003 19:38 Uhr, J. Cameron Cooper at jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
wrote:

>> how can I hardwire a link to a folder or a file in Zope? I'm trying to
>> create a navbar method (?) and include it on all pages on different levels
>> of the site. The relative location of the link of course would be changing
>> throughout the site ... but I'd like Zope to do the work here ...
>>
>> Tried it like this <a href:"<dtml-var myfolder>"> myfolder</a> but it did
>> not work ...
>>

> Objects have an absolute_url method that will give their full URL.
>
> <dtml-var "someobject.absolute_url()">

this does work if someobject is in the same folder as the actual page. But
if I use it one level above the current directory I get an error:

    Error Type: NameError
    Error Value: global name 'someobject' is not defined
-----
the structure is like this:

   -works/
        someobject
        mypage
-----

if I reference from mypage to someobject it works. If I reference from index
to someobject it doesn't ...

'K:?