[Zope] url object?

Kai Vermehr k at eboy.com
Wed Oct 8 18:30:10 EDT 2003

on 08.10.2003 23:13 Uhr, Ulrich Wisser at liste at publisher.de wrote:

> Hello Kai,
>
>>> Objects have an absolute_url method that will give their full URL.
>>>
>>> <dtml-var "someobject.absolute_url()">
>
>> this does work if someobject is in the same folder as the actual page. But
>> if I use it one level above the current directory I get an error:
>
> of course!
> Put your application in it's own folder. Don't use Zope's
> root folder for any of your objects. Then use the full path
> to the object like
>
> <dtml "project.subfolder.subsubfolder.someobject.absolute_url()">
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Ulrich

I'm sorry .... seems as I only can create folders inside the root folder ...

And do objects have unique id's? If so isn't each object identifiable by
this id alone? Doesn't Zope know where everything is? If so I could move
objects around without breaking the links pointing to them ...

'K:?

Kai Vermehr | eBoy
http://www.eboy.com