[Zope] RDBMS Applications and direct calling of script(python) and sql methods

Eric Merritt cyberlync at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 13:18:15 EDT 2003

> It's not quite as easy to add properties to user
> objects as it is with
> other objects.  There's no TTW interface, but it can
> be done
> programmatically... more importantly, there are
> other options.
>
> For example, you could create a folder for each user
> that has their
> username as its id.  That folder could then store
> the userid property.
> Looking up the id might then be as easy as:
>
> context[get_user()].userid
>
> Having these folders may allow for some nice
> Acquisition magic too.
>
> Depending on the number of users you have, the
> easiest thing might be to
> store a username:userid mapping somewhere and
> resolve from that, eg:
>
> -----
> my_map = {'bob':27, 'sally':38. ...}
> return my_map.get(get_user())
> -----

Thats true, the ids will be stored in a rdbms table so
its probably easiest to just do a join between the
user table and whatever table that I am quering on.
Perhaps I could just kick the id into the session the
first time I have to use it and from then on just pull
it from there. There are allot of ways to do it.