[Zope] Re: CookieCrumbler: Login a user without a "login_form" Template

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at web.de
Mon Oct 13 03:58:02 EDT 2003

hello jens,

well, I set the cookie in the RESPONSE like this:

---
def login_User(self, REQUEST=None):
    "login"

    req  = REQUEST
    resp = REQUEST.RESPONSE

    name = 'testuser'  # this user exists in acl_users
    pw   = '123'

    ac   = encodestring('%s:%s' % (name, pw))

    req._auth = 'basic %s' % ac
    resp._auth = 1

    cookie_name = '__ac'
    cookie_value = quote( ac )

    resp.setCookie( cookie_name, cookie_value, path='/')    # set the '__ac' auth cookie

    pt = getattr(self, 'welcome') # get a page template
    return pt(REQUEST)
---

The code is taken from CookieCrumbler (modifyRequest() method).

Unfortunately, this does not work. After I call this External Method I am still not logged in. I am redirected to:  http://localhost:8080/testfolder/myZPT/login_form?came_from=...
Anything I missed?