[Zope] Zope content not available

Rob Harville RobH at Insynq.com
Mon Oct 13 14:34:07 EDT 2003

Thanks for your thoughts.  Turned out the easiest fix worked--reboot.  I was
initially reluctant to do this as we were unsure exactly what services this
machine was hosting.  We were able to determine that no other live websites
were involved and that all other "known" services were running elsewhere, so
we took the chance and restarted the box.  The web content is now back up.

I hate being left in this position with critical info (in this case, a
website) running on a box that we don't have the know-how to manage.  Nor is
there any money to get everything moved elsewhere.  Thanks again to those
who replied so quickly with things to look at.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: BZ [mailto:bz at bwanazulia.com]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 11:18 AM
To: Rob Harville
Cc: zope at zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] Zope content not available

Hi Rob,

Looks like it is your start script.

You should give Zope a IP and port to start up on for the webserver.

Look at the code of the z2.py, in the top it has all the of the parameters
you need (don't have one in front of me now).

It looks like you need to remove the first "&" so it will run in debug
mode (so you can see it start from the command line) and add in a "-w
8080" to tell it to start the webserver (-w) on port 8080. (it might be -W
:8080).

It is all in the z2.py which is in the root of the zope directory.

BZ
--
http://www.zopezone.com
http://www.bluewildfire.com