[Zope] ZCatalog and multivalued field

Matthew Wilbert mwilbert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 13 23:09:59 EDT 2003

I have an object class in a Product which usually has only one (string)
value for particular attribute, but sometimes can have more, which I plan
to store as a list of strings.  There is no limit to how many of these
there could be, although in my present application there would probably
not be more than 10.

This isn't a problem except that I would like to be able to search a
ZCatalog for objects which have a particular value,whether it is a string
or an string element of a list.  The range of possible values
is essentially infinite.  I can see how I could use a TextIndex to do
this, but I am trying to figure out if there are any other options. I'm
building this in 2.7b2 if that makes any difference.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Matt Wilbert