[Zope] FTP support

Alexis Roda arv at si.urv.es
Tue Oct 14 04:32:08 EDT 2003

Hi again,
I have a calendar product (Calendar), a container for CalendarItem. I
want the calendar instances to have a folder for template storage, so
the user can customize some views of the calendar:

calendar_instance

     + template_folder
     |      |
     |      + template_1

     + calendar_item_1

     + calendar_item_2

In Calendar.__init__ I do:

def __init__(self, id, title = "") :
     CalendarBase.__init__(self, id, title)

     # create a folder
     tmpl = Folder(id='templates')

     # add it to the calendar
     self._setObject('templates', tmpl)

     # add some default "templates" to the folder
     tmpl.manage_addDTMLMethod(...)

My problem is that I can't access the templates folder contents with
FTP. With emacs I get a "550 Could not list directory" error. All three
classes inherit from SimpleItem.Item, Calendar and CalendarBase inherit
from ObjectManager. AFAIK Folder is FTP aware.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--
                                   ////