[Zope] Problem with Apache 2 and Zope 2.7

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Tue Oct 14 12:05:02 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 06:50, Florian Lindner wrote:

> The client web-browser says: 403 Forbidden
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /manage on this server.
> Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.47 OpenSSL/0.9.6g PHP/4.3.2 Server at
> centershock.net Port 80
>
> When accessing it with http://centershock.net:8080/manage it works perfect.

Zope isn't the problem here, your Apache configuration is.  Note that
the 403 came from *Apache*, not Zope.

Though I've never had this problem with proxying Zope, Apache *will*
complain if you try to host a filesystem folder that you haven't
explicitly allowed.  Perhaps you have a default rule of deny somewhere
that needs to be excepted for this case.

I'd check your regular Apache logs for more clues.

HTH,

Dylan