[Zope] Zope Evaluation

Jake (aka BZ) jake at zopezone.com
Fri Oct 17 09:59:57 EDT 2003

1) Zope is open source
2) Zope has tons of products
3) We are great. :)
4) Zope has many books (5?). Read them all.
5) Zope can integrate with many RDMS including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle,
etc.
6) Zope has very good role based security.
7) You will need Zope + user system. That is either CMF or Plone.
8) Products are pretty darn easy and quick to build once you get the hang
of it. I run about 5 main products that I either built from scratch or
built up to meet my needs.
9) Stability is not a concern. Make sure you system is stable (unix) and
wait till something has been out for a few revs before moving to it
(X.X.2).

Jake
--
http://www.ZopeZone.com