[Zope] add local filesystem directory with python

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Oct 19 02:24:20 EDT 2003

Michael Bleijerveld wrote at 2003-10-13 13:25 +0200:
 > When I try the following python script the message 'TypeError:
 > unsubscriptable object' appears.
 >
 > Python script
 >
 > container.manage_addProduct['LocalFS'].manage_addLocalFS('test','test','c:\t
 > emp\test3')

 >   Module Script (Python), line 1, in createLocal
 >    - <PythonScript at /Smartstorage/createLocal>
 >    - Line 1
 >   Module Products.LocalFS.LocalFS, line 1255, in manage_addLocalFS
 >   Module App.FactoryDispatcher, line 103, in manage_main
 > TypeError: unsubscriptable object

The traceback shows you:

  You are calling "manage_addLocalFS".
  It calls "manage_main" from "App.FactoryDispatcher:103".
  There, you get a "TypeError" exception.

I remember (--> mailing list archive) that this is a bug in
"manage_addLocalFS". It passes the optional argument "REQUEST"
(initialized as "None") to "manage_main" which requires that it is
a (fairly) true request object.

Pass "REQUEST" explicitely.

Dieter