[Zope] imagemap zpt

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Oct 20 11:51:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 03:36:44PM +0200, Frederik Vos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a zpt question:
>
> i have a imagemap, with several links to other images. And this moment
> (i'm busy with migrating my website from pure html to zope) every image
> have his own html pages (just because the layout), a little bit overkilled
> i think. Somehow i have the feeling that zpt can handle this very easy.
> I found several postings on the mailinglist which are more or less related
> to my question, but didn't find a solution :(

the question is a bit vague. I think that you want to avoid the need
to maintain a separate html page for each linked image?

You can create a single template called show_image that takes an image id
as a parameter. Your image map links then look like this:

<area shape="rect" coords="0,0,100,300"   href="show_image?img_id=cabbage.jpg" />
<area shape="rect" coords="0,100,200,300" href="show_image?img_id=tomatoes.jpg" />

then create a template called show_image. The contents of show_image are pretty simple
ZPT and I don't feel like writing it for you ;-)
Read the ZPT chapters in the online Zope Book, including the Advanced chapter.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com