[Zope] Zope and attribute tag question

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Oct 20 18:49:58 EDT 2003

> Our company has been using a ZOPE driven website for over a year now (
> _http://www.hr.ucdavis.edu/Emp/All_ ) but recently switched to a
> database driven page that you can see at the enclosed link.  My
> question is pretty simple: I have submitted some attribute tags to the
> website that only defined some color tags to the table.  I have been
> told that because this page is "database driven", the changes cannot
> take effect.
>
> This seems absolutely ridiculous to me and totally unsupported by
> logic.  Does anyone more familiar with ZOPE have any ideas as to why
> simple attribute tags could possibly cause such problems?

I'm not certain I understand. Do you mean a human told you that some
changes to the table you asked for could not be done because it was
dynamic? If so, I agree that it is an unlikely problem. The actual
definition of the table is not (usually) any different no matter where
the data comes from.

             --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."