[Zope] Re: A plea for equality

Tom P. Allred tom at allreddata.com
Tue Oct 21 16:33:36 EDT 2003

Dave,

I'm not here to defend sexism, racism or other anti-social behaviors but I
have to wonder if you're not using a shotgun to kill a fly.  I've only been
following this list for about 4 months but it is one of the nicest lists
I've ever read.  Responders are almost universally gentle with and
respectful of people who post here.  You've given absolutely no specifics
and admit you're only talking about a 'few people'.  Wouldn't your outrage
and comments be more effectively directed to those lists, IRC channels and
individuals that you find offensive?  Certainly it's an open list and people
can say whatever they want but I was just wondering why you feel the need to
address the entire community with your outrage.  If there are any women who
feel the community has discriminated against them, as opposed to some
individual Neanderthal, I think we'd like to hear from them directly since
you've raised the issue to the community as a whole.

Thanks,
Tom P. Allred, MCSE, RHCE, CCNA
Allred Data Consulting, Inc.
www.AllredData.com