[Zope] zexp file

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 22 14:51:35 EDT 2003

D. Rick Anderson wrote at 2003-10-21 15:17 -0700:
 > Is there any way to extract files from a .zexp file? I have an exported
 > file from a way older Zope server that I can't get to import into our
 > current Zope server. I'm sure it's because it used some product that I
 > don't currently have installed, but I can't figure out what it is. There
 > are some JPGs in that zexp that I need to get out. Can this be done?

It depends on how much work you are ready to put into it...
The information is there and in principle, you can get it out,
but it make need considerable work.

I probably would work with fake classes, e.g. empty Persistent
classes at the places where the Zexp requires them...
There might be other ways...

Dieter