[Zope] How to recover from the 2GB limit in Windows?

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
Thu Oct 23 15:29:32 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:20:29PM +0200, Max M wrote:
> Ausum Studio wrote:
>
> > This is the error messages I get, causing a PANIC startup exception:
> >

> Depending on your setup, the "easiest" solutions might be to move it to
> a Linux install and then pack it there.

Contrary to some belief, windows has been ahead of Linux here for years :-)
NTFS has supported large files and filesystems (4 TB) since 1994. If
there is a problem, I suspect it is in the python build, not in Windows
itself.

(assuming you use a modern windows version and not a W9x variant)

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud