[Zope] problem is SimpleUserFolder

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Oct 23 18:39:02 EDT 2003

>I have implemented [ simple user folder ] based acl_users. After
>customizing all the zsqls , when i click  on acl_users i see a list of
>check boxes followed by icons. but names are not being displayed. I
>cheked the href . It has
>http://202.56.252.23/abc/expert04/acl_users/manage_users?name=%3Cr%20instance%20at%200229C628%3E&submit=Edit
>
>the getUserName sql is
>SELECT DISTINCT login as NAME FROM staff
>
>the getUserDetails sql is
>SELECT login as NAME,pword as password,role FROM staff WHERE
>staff.login=<dtml-sqlvar name type="string">
>
>Am I doing anything wrong?

I don't know anything about the signature SUF expects, but does it
really want the user name to be NAME? It also seems like there should be
a WHERE clause on the getUserName method. If it gets the right number of
users but doesn't display the name, there's a mis-spelling or a failed
query somewhere.

          --jcc
--

"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)