[Zope] Changing the name of the access log file

cnk at caltech.edu cnk at caltech.edu
Fri Oct 24 19:25:01 EDT 2003

OK one of the servers allowed me to change my log file name - and the
other one still is called Z2.log. Must be user error. Will sort that
out later. Daily log rolling seems to work - though I am still
fighting with changing the name of the archived files. Hopefully
restarting the server will give me joy - otherwise I seem to have
modified the wrong line in logger.py.

But I decided to take my giant log file and use grep to break it into
smaller pieces to run through Analog to get some web stats. However,
Analog complained about EVERY line. There seems to be an extra space
between the IP address and the next argument whose function I never
recall because the value is always "-". I did a global search and
replace and re-ran the file and it processes just fine (ignoring the
diffuculties of determining which requests count as pages in a world
where urls do not have file type extensions). I searched for ZServer +
Analog and Zope + Analog and turned up some posts - none of which
reported any difficulties. Is anyone else currently using Analog to
run statistics on their Zope sites? and have you had any similar
difficulties?

I am using Analog 5.31 and Zope 2.6.1.

cnk at caltech.edu