[Zope] New User Can't Access Manage

J. Scott Amort jsamort at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 24 21:09:42 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am new to Zope, and after a bit of a struggle, managed to get python
2.1.3 on my Redhat 9 system and compile Zope 2.6.2.  When I try
localhost:8080/manage, I get an error:

PROBLEM(100) ZPublisher DTML file
'/Zope-2.6.2-src/lib/python/App/dtml/manage.dtml cannot be read.

I run Zope as root, with ./start -u zope (where zope is a nologin user I
created).  I suspect the problem has something to do with file
permissions, but everything in the dtml directory has at least read
permission for everyone.  Could anyone offer some advice?  Thanks.

Regards,

Scott